Friday, July 15, 2011

Bees coming home.

     Yesterday was the day that I have been waiting for. My children were coming home. Went to the local beekeeper and was shown my hive of bee’s that would call my property home. After waiting for the rain to die down, he opened the hive to show the beautiful bounty that lies within. We then strapped the box in the back of my truck and away we went.  Once I arrived home and donned a thick flannel jacket to ward off the angry bees, I placed the hive on the foundation and placed a water bowl next to the hive with a couple of rocks to keep them from drowning. Now was the time we were waiting for, the removal of the tape holding them inside. Slowly I peeled off the tape waiting to dash away screaming as hundreds of angry bees poured out, nothing happened.
     One bee finally poked his head out and looked around then went back inside. A minute later several more bees appeared and just sat there looking around at their new environment. I decided to let the bees acclimate and went to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment