Thursday, July 21, 2011

Final high rise addition to the hive


     I just installed the new stand that I had built for my little flying friends to get them further off the ground and promote better air flow and it does fit nicely. Witnessed a wasp trying to get inside the hive yesterday, boy the bees did not take kindly to this intrusion. After a few tries the guardian bees finally took matters into their own stingers and away went the wasp. The water bowl that is located next to the hive to keep them out of the pool seems to be doing its job, only found a few bodies floating in the pool.
     Had the opportunity to help extract some honey from the local bee keepers combs and I will say it is one messy job, but it was also exciting. Maybe in a few more weeks I will be able to install the honey super on my hive.

No comments:

Post a Comment